Health Promotion Advisor – Alcohol Healthwatch Applications have closed
Alcohol Healthwatch is an established Charitable Trust with a mission to reduce alcohol-related harm through effective health promotion. Based in Newmarket, Auckland, and funded by the Ministry of Health, we deliver a range of local and national health promotion programmes, for example: promoting and supporting evidence-based policy and collaborative planning; mobilising and building community and sector capacity; raising awareness and understanding of alcohol-related harm and harm prevention approaches.
We are looking for an experienced Health Promotion Advisor to advance our efforts in reducing alcohol-related harm, and specifically someone who can:
• Seek, source and collate research and information on alcohol-related harm
• Develop evidence-based policy documents
• Develop and implement project plans to achieve strategic policy objectives
• Develop communication materials to support the activities of Alcohol Healthwatch
• Co-ordinate meetings, workshops and forums
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Respond efficiently to requests for information and advice
A recognised tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. public health, education, social science) is required. In addition, a background in Communications is strongly desired.
Knowledge and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi is essential, especially as it applies to improving health outcomes for Māori and reducing health inequities.
Further specifications are outlined in the Position Description. Applicants must complete the Application Form, and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
We look forward to receiving your application. All personal data provided in your application will be treated as confidential. To discuss this role, please contact Dr. Nicki Jackson on (09) 520 7035.
Applications close on Thursday, 9th March 2017, at 5:00pm